Orgainc Water Kefir Grains 2oz packet
ONLY grown with organic ingredients.
Water kefir is a fantastic probiotic beverage that has many health benefits due to the beneficial bacteria that will help heal and keep you healthy. It is a great substitute for cola beverages, as it has a mild sparkling taste with carbonation. There are various strains of healthy bacteria and yeasts in these grains the symbiotic relationship produces water kefir.
Water kefir is much more mild then kombucha, so children tend to prefer it
Water Kefir: Helps Lactose Intolerance & Digestion
KID FRIENDLY SODA POP, EASY TO MAKE!
For people with lactose intolerance, a yogurt-like drink called kefir could put dairy in their diet again. Lactose intolerance is a very common digestive problem caused by too little of an enzyme called lactase, which the body needs to digest lactose(milk sugar). Gas, bloating, and diarrhea are the result. The symptoms vary from person to person; some people have to steer clear of all milk products, while others can indulge in small portions.
Kefir is an alternative to milk, developed centuries ago and credited with various health-promoting properties. Historically, kefir has been prepared using the milk from sheep, goats, and cows, although soy milk kefirs are now commercially available.
Like yogurt, which is made from fermented milk, kefir contains lots of bacteria that aid lactose digestion. Yogurt doesn't produce symptoms of lactose intolerance because these bacteria help digest the lactose. However, kefir has a broader range of nutrients than does yogurt and is more nutrient dense.
Instructions for Making Water Kefir
- Heat 3-4 cups water. To make larger batches, use up to 8 cups water.
- Pour into glass jar.
- Dissolve ¼ cup cane sugar per quart of water.
- Cool to 68°-85°F.
- Add water kefir grains.
- Cover with a coffee filter or cloth secured with a rubber band
- Place in a warm spot, 68°-85°F, for 24-48 hours.
- After culturing is complete, prepare a new batch of sugar water, (steps 1-4 above).
- Separate kefir grains from the finished water kefir.
- Place kefir grains in the new batch of sugar water.
- The finished water kefir is now ready to consume, flavor, or store in the refrigerator.